Sunday, April 29, 2012

Things worth loving:

  • Quiche with heavy heavy cream
  • Kombucha bubbles
I'm not sure I'll ever fully switch to a nourishing diet so long as nutella, sweet tea, and coffee exist in the world, but I am still trying. Last week... last week was not so good. A lot of it had to do with exhaustion and exhaustion plus cooking for one breeds bad choices. Exhibit A) ordering Afghani food on Tuesday. Exhibit B) Going to Cook Out on Thursday Exhibit C) Ordering hot wings and cheesy bread on Friday. Coffee every single day AND one day I went to McDonalds and got a sweet tea and apple pies. 

What is wrong with me?

So right, reset (again) for this week. Relay is bringing me a basket of greens and veggies tomorrow and I have very good intentions to eat them. I also have good intentions of cutting out sugar. I have no intentions of cutting out the coffee, unless it's for some highly-caffeinated tea.

***
Things I want but do not have money for:
  • Wisdom teeth extraction -- $1,000
    It's really closer to $2,000, but my insurance will pay for half of it. And I don't really want my wisdom teeth out, but I would like to know that they aren't rotting out my other more useful teeth in their quest for jaw domination.
  • New laptop -- $1,000
    After 5 years, it's time to start looking around. Unfortunately, to get another laptop that is so dutiful and reliable and has such a good warranty/tech support/whatevs, it's about $1,000 down the tubes.
  • House
    No more renting. Especially with a dog and with my hermit-like nature.
  • Cow Share
    I want my milk and I want it raw.
  • Smart Phone
    I am a princess.
Right now, though, my money mostly supports my house (rent/utilities/boring stuff) and getting me out of the debt I incurred in that weird period between starting work (and moving and setting up a classroom) and my first pay check (two months later). And supporting bad eating habits like above.

***
Took sixth graders to Washington, DC this week. Best quote, as we're walking to the Natural History Museum a boy asked me, "Is this Abraham Lincoln's mansion?"

***
Things to tackle: wedding stuff. END OF STORY. But I have shoes now, so I guess there's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment