The cat now waits for me outside the door to rub up against my leg and purr softly as I pet his back. Work goes on and on and on as we approach a break. There was basketball and now there's not. I started to write a poem for a friend in the shower that used the line, "It was never a choice/but utility"in regards to capital-L love. So, uneventful and unfruitful.
***
This week I called my mother and said, "I'm sorry but I'm really needy this week." She started to make a joke and I stopped her. "No no no. Who is your most independent child? Who has been your most hands-off parenting experience? Who is the least needy of all of your children?"
True, she said and then agreed to pick out a roaster for my registry. Later in the week she told me that at the doctor's office she told them that I am her most responsible child. So there's that too. Take that sisters.
***
I've got a tooth problem. A wisdom tooth is coming in sideways, jutting out to cut into the inside of my cheek. I am very anxious about the situation, which I thought my alleviate my anxiety about other situations, but instead has just compounded the sinking feeling. You know what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment