But seriously, it was amazing and beautiful and overwhelming and made me ask all of those questions like, "What is my place" and "What is the point of this" and "Why am I so tiny compared to this giant canyon." And so on and so forth. Amazing. Highly recommend.
We also went to Sedona to see some rocks and a church and junk.
And thus concludes the Kate Travelin' portion of my update.
***
It happened. Of course it happened. I'm sure no one who saw my past update about the cat letting me pet him will be surprised. Yes, I fell in love with the cat.
The dog was with my parents for my vacation, but I couldn't pick her up until the weekend, so there were three days alone in my house with no pet to keep me company. Surprise, I convinced the cat to come in. And he was amazing! The same cat that used to hiss at me when I was 10 feet away from him, crawled up in my lap and fell asleep. Every time I rolled over at night, he crossed over to sleep next to my belly. Then in the morning, he got up and went to the door.
So right, then I picked up the dog. But maybe, just maybe they can learn to love?
Sushi the cat vs. Bonnie T. Dog round 1: Bonnie won by chasing Sushi.
Sushi the cat vs. Bonnie T. Dog round 2: Sushi won by hissing at and then chasing Bonnie.
Sushi the cat vs. Bonnie T Dog round 3: Right now just the cat giving the dog a stink eye from the window, the dog refusing to let me out of her sight.
But now I'm attached to the cat and I feel bad that he's outside in the cold and rain. My heart is weak!
***
Sunday morning: coffee, Adrienne Rich, papers to grade, granola, nail polish, Nourishing Traditions, and an almost dead MacBook Pro.
I bought into a CSA situation and was given a shitton of watercress, which I blended into a pesto, which I used for baking chicken. The results were... not as good as basil pesto, but with enough balsamic dressing it was totally fine.
Also quiche made with cream--WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS, EARTH? I've wasted my life with quiche with milk! I made a batch of mini quiches with cheddar and leaks, THEN I took my leftover egg mixture, added sugar and vanilla, and baked it with some strawberries. Amazing.
New addition to my life (in addition to semi-cat addition): Melitta pour-over coffee maker. Now I've bought the right coffee filter I'm going to have to try it for real. Early results with the wrong shaped filters were mixed at best.
Next week: A field trip to Washington, DC where I will wax nostalgic to my group of boys about Kate: The College Years. An adventure in using Kale and micro mustard greens before they go bad. Possibly adventures in how to finance a new laptop and/or oral surgery (these teeth have got to go, apparently).








No comments:
Post a Comment